1. Indelli P.F., Pipino G., Johnson P., Graceffa A., Marcucci M. Posterior-stabilized total knee arthroplasty: a matched pair analysis of a classic and its evolutional design. Arthroplasty Today 2016; 206,2(4):193-1986. Implants tested: P.F.C. SIGMA and ATTUNE Knee.
2. Ranawat C.S., White P.B., West S., Ranawat A.S., Clinical and Radiographic Results of Attune and PFC Sigma Knee Designs at 2-Year Follow-Up: A Prospective Matched-Pair Analysis. J Arthroplasty 2017;32:431-6. Implants tested: P.F.C. SIGMA and ATTUNE Knee.
3. Martin J.R., Jennings J.M., Watters T.S., Levy D.L., McNabb D.C., Dennis D.A. Femoral Implant Design Modification Decreases the Incidence of Patellar Crepitus in Total Knee Arthroplasty. J Arthroplasty. 2017 Apr;32(4):1310-1313. Implants tested: P.F.C. SIGMA and ATTUNE Knee.
4.Toomey, S.D., Daccach, J., Shah, J., Himden, S., Lesko, J., Hamilton W.G.: Comparative Incidence of Patellofemoral Complications Between Two Total Knee Arthroplasty Systems in a Multi-Center, Prospective Clinical Study. J Arthroplasty, available online, April 2017. Implants tested: P.F.C. SIGMA (DePuy)
5. Hamilton W.G., Brenkel, I., Clatworthy, M., Dwyer, K,. Himden, S., Lesko, J., Kantor, S. Early Outcomes with a New Primary TKA System vs. Contemporary TKA: Interim Results of Two Worldwide, Multi-Center Prospective Studies. AAOS, San Diego, California, March 14-18, 2017. Other implants tested: SIGMA Knee (DePuy), NexGen® (Zimmer), Triathlon® (Stryker)
6. Clatworthy, M. (2015). An Early Outcome Study of the ATTUNE Knee System vs. the SIGMA® CR150 Knee System. DePuy Synthes Companies White Paper. DSUS/JRC/0814/0418(1). In an IRB approved early outcomes study, physiotherapists collected data on 40 patients implanted with ATTUNE® Knees and 40 patients with SIGMA®CR150 knees. The results demonstrated that patients implanted with the ATTUNE Knee had statistically significant improvements in some early outcomes, other outcomes demonstrated a trend favoring the ATTUNE Knee, and some outcomes were equivalent.
7. Etter, K., Lerner, J., de Moor, C, Yoo, A., Kalsekar, I. (2016). PMD10-Comparative Effectiveness of ATTUNE® Versus TriathlonTM Total Knee Systems: Real-World Length of Stay and Discharge Status.”Value in Health 19(3): A298. Premier PerspectiveTM Database analysis including 38 hospitals, representing 1,178 primary, unilateral TKAs with the ATTUNE Knee and 5,707 primary, unilateral TKAs with TriathlonTM. The analysis found that the patients implanted with the ATTUNE Knee had statistically shorter length of stay and were more frequently discharged home vs. a skilled nursing facility compared to the TKAs with TriathlonTM.
The ATTUNE Knee System is backed by a comprehensive evidence generation program that encompasses clinical and patient reported outcomes (PROMS) as well as value based healthcare studies.
The early clinical results of the ATTUNE Knee are promising and include data from national registries, company initiated, independent studies, and investigator initiated studies, as noted in the articles and papers.
All medical devices have associated risks. Please refer to the instructions for use and other labeling for a complete list of indications, contraindications, precautions and warnings.
For further information on DePuy Synthes products, please contact your local DePuy Synthes Representative .