See what these surgeons are saying about how the ATTUNE® Knee helps patients get back to what they love sooner.6,7
ATTUNE Knee Evidence Summaries
Patient Reported Outcome Measures
Early Outcomes with a New Primary TKA System vs. Contemporary TKA Interim Results of Two Worldwide Multi-Center Prospective Studies
At 1 yr. compared to patients implanted with other leading knee brands, PROMS reported by ATTUNE Knee patients were statistically significantly better or trended to favor ATTUNE Knee patients.
Joint Registry Data and Implant Survivorship Studies
NJR Implant Summary Report for ATTUNE Knee CR and PS, May 2018 Report
National Joint Registry for England, Wales, Northern Ireland and the Isle of Man. Implant Summary Report for DePuy ATTUNE CR and ATTUNE PS. NJR Database extract May 4, 2018, pages 1-15. Licensed for use until September 11, 2018. Available at www.attuneevidence.com (US) and www.provingthepromise.com (EMEA).
Health Economics Data
Hospital Length of Stay and Discharge Disposition after Primary Total Knee Arthroplasty
85% of the ATTUNE Knee patients were discharged in 3 days or less and 79% of ATTUNE Knee patients were discharged to home with or without home healthcare while 21% were discharged to Skilled Nursing Facility or other facilities.
April 2017 Orthopedics Today ATTUNE Knee Supplement
Four new articles that review the early outcomes of several studies, highlights the elements of the implant design that contribute to clinical performance, as well as evaluates how the ATTUNE Knee may impact health economics in the bundled payment environment. Featured authors include Ryan Nunley, MD, Sean Toomey, MD, Mark Clatworthy, MD, and Keven Shelburne, PhD.
Early User Studies
ATTUNE Knee System Patient Brochure
ATTUNE Knee Article Response to Bonutti et al (Condensed Response)
This condensed response includes a brief overview of our assessment of statements in the article, as well as provides a summary of the broader published clinical and registry data supporting the performance of the ATTUNE Knee System.
In the News
1. Indelli P.F., Pipino G., Johnson P., Graceffa A., Marcucci M. Posterior-stabilized total knee arthroplasty: a matched pair analysis of a classic and its evolutional design. Arthroplasty Today 2016; 206,2(4):193-1986. Implants tested: P.F.C. SIGMA and ATTUNE Knee.
2. Ranawat C.S., White P.B., West S., Ranawat A.S., Clinical and Radiographic Results of Attune and PFC Sigma Knee Designs at 2-Year Follow-Up: A Prospective Matched-Pair Analysis. J Arthroplasty 2017;32:431-6. Implants tested: P.F.C. SIGMA and ATTUNE Knee.
3. Martin J.R., Jennings J.M., Watters T.S., Levy D.L., McNabb D.C., Dennis D.A. Femoral Implant Design Modification Decreases the Incidence of Patellar Crepitus in Total Knee Arthroplasty. J Arthroplasty. 2017 Apr;32(4):1310-1313. Implants tested: P.F.C. SIGMA and ATTUNE Knee.
4.Toomey, S.D., Daccach, J., Shah, J., Himden, S., Lesko, J., Hamilton W.G.: Comparative Incidence of Patellofemoral Complications Between Two Total Knee Arthroplasty Systems in a Multi-Center, Prospective Clinical Study. J Arthroplasty, available online, April 2017. Implants tested: P.F.C. SIGMA (DePuy)
5. Hamilton W.G., Brenkel, I., Clatworthy, M., Dwyer, K,. Himden, S., Lesko, J., Kantor, S. Early Outcomes with a New Primary TKA System vs. Contemporary TKA: Interim Results of Two Worldwide, Multi-Center Prospective Studies. AAOS, San Diego, California, March 14-18, 2017. Other implants tested: SIGMA Knee (DePuy), NexGen® (Zimmer), Triathlon® (Stryker)
6. Clatworthy, M. (2015). An Early Outcome Study of the ATTUNE Knee System vs. the SIGMA® CR150 Knee System. DePuy Synthes Companies White Paper. DSUS/JRC/0814/0418(1). In an IRB approved early outcomes study, physiotherapists collected data on 40 patients implanted with ATTUNE® Knees and 40 patients with SIGMA®CR150 knees. The results demonstrated that patients implanted with the ATTUNE Knee had statistically significant improvements in some early outcomes, other outcomes demonstrated a trend favoring the ATTUNE Knee, and some outcomes were equivalent.
7. Etter, K., Lerner, J., de Moor, C, Yoo, A., Kalsekar, I. (2016). PMD10-Comparative Effectiveness of ATTUNE® Versus TriathlonTM Total Knee Systems: Real-World Length of Stay and Discharge Status.”Value in Health 19(3): A298. Premier PerspectiveTM Database analysis including 38 hospitals, representing 1,178 primary, unilateral TKAs with the ATTUNE Knee and 5,707 primary, unilateral TKAs with TriathlonTM. The analysis found that the patients implanted with the ATTUNE Knee had statistically shorter length of stay and were more frequently discharged home vs. a skilled nursing facility compared to the TKAs with TriathlonTM.
The ATTUNE Knee System is backed by a comprehensive evidence generation program that encompasses clinical and patient reported outcomes (PROMS) as well as value based healthcare studies.
The early clinical results of the ATTUNE Knee are promising and include data from national registries, company initiated, independent studies, and investigator initiated studies, as noted in the articles and papers.
All medical devices have associated risks. Please refer to the instructions for use and other labeling for a complete list of indications, contraindications, precautions and warnings.
For further information on DePuy Synthes products, please contact your local DePuy Synthes Representative .